Making Alpha Characters From Fonts
Copyright © June, 2006 SuzShook
The purpose of this script is to create a sheet of formatted alphanumeric characters, or individual alphanumeric characters, from any font. This script is particularly intended for "scrappers" but can be used by anyone wishing to create a collection of formatted font characters for other graphic work.
Download the script package
- Place the ss-MakingAlphas script in your Scripts-Trusted folder. The script must run from the Scripts-Trusted folder because it saves and closes files.
- Quick Guide and related files:
- Make a folder in your Quick Guides folder (if you don't already have one) called Scripts.
- Within the Scripts folder, make a folder called ss-MakingAlphas.
- Place everything from the ZIP file (except the ss-MakingAlphas script) in the Scripts\ss-MakingAlphas folder.
- If you are working in PSP 8 or 9, you can open the MakingAlphas Quick Guide (ReadMe) file in the Learning Center. If you are working in PSP X, you can view the ReadMe file by browsing to the ss-MakingAlphas folder you created above and double-clicking on the index.htm file.
- 00 - original version
- 01 - added option to use template for individual images (AlphaType = 3); expanded validity checking
- 02 - corrected skipping of some letters which script incorrectly identified as "box" characters
- 03 - made all PNG save steps silent
- 04 - improved layout for AlphaType = 1 (single sheet with all characters)