Compress to Target Size
Copyright © February, 2009 SuzShook
The purpose of this script is to process a folder of files, reducing their size by increasing the JPEG compression value until the files are below a user-designated size.
Download the script package
- Place the ss-CompressToTargetSize script in a Scripts-Trusted folder. The script must run from a Scripts-Trusted folder because it opens, saves, and closes files.
- Quick Guide and sample script:
- Make a folder in your Quick Guides folder (if you don't already have one) called Scripts.
- Within the Scripts folder, make a folder called ss-CompressToTargetSize.
- Place everything from the ZIP file (except the ss-CompressToTargetSize script and the PpScript_sample script) in the Scripts\ss-CompressToTargetSize folder.
- If you are working in PSP 8 or 9, you can open the ss-CompressToTargetSize instructions in the Learning Center.
- If you are working in PSP X or above, you can view the instructions by browsing to the ss-CompressToTargetSize folder you created above and double-clicking on the index.htm file.
- 00 - original version: This script was created in response to a request from Lynn Allan specifically to prepare photos for photo-sharing websites or photo printing services. Thanks to Lynn for his significant input to the refining of this script.